The network has the greatest pleasure to announce our President, Maître Gilbert Noël Ouédraogo as endorsed by the network’s #ALN2020GA convened during 13 – 15 February 2020, in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
Together with the Executive Committee, President Gilbert Noël Ouédraogo will be leading the execution of the network’s 3 year strategy plan, which can be summarised as:
The network’s strategic priorities 2019 – 2022:
*External vision*: a prosperous and integrated Africa of flourishing democracies that are at peace with one another, in which all persons have the right and opportunity to fulfil their potential and be what they want to be;
*Internal vision*: a respected and influential advocate of liberal ideas on the African continent;
*Mission*: the network’s mission is to empower liberal political parties to grow their support, to increase their influence on politics of the continent and to implement liberal policies when in government.
Action Plan 2019 – 2020:
1. Adopt a clear national and regional strategy plan, which coincides with the continental strategy;
2. Support member parties with peer 2 peer exchange programmes;
3. Convene regional training workshops for member parties;
4. The constitutional review task team to investigate minimum standards of inclusion for youth and women. Investigation findings to be relayed, for consideration, by the ALN Executive Committee and ALN member party Executive Committees;
5. Extend to ALN member parties, realistic commitments and achievable goals, as outlined in the ALN Constitution, Johannesburg Declaration and the Liberal Manifesto for Africa;
6. Initiate and/ or collaborate with national, liberal political philosophy platforms;
7. Initiate the network’s annual calendar;
8. Initiate the network’s annual budget, complementing the calendar and the above outlined action plan.
Best wishes to the network, under the leadership of President Gilbert Noël Ouédraogo.