We are excited to announcement the opening for application for the ALN’s Women’s Leadership Programme 2023.
After the resounding success of the 2022 programme, the ALN is once again partnering with with the Westminster Foundation for Democracy and D66 to support the development of women leaders in Africa.
The programme which runs between July and December 2023, is an excellent opportunity for women leaders to build upon their personal and leadership skills and learn how to become effective agents for change. Experts and peers will help leaders to deepen their understanding of various aspects of leadership.
The Programme will including political and personal training session, such as:
- Identifying issues and bringing about change
- Using the media for your advantage (and coping with it when at difficult time)
- Conduct effective oversight in parliament and using the tools available to you
- Public speaking and how to handle difficult questions
- Building your visibility and branding to prepare for re-election
- Managing internal party structures and negotiations
- Women leaders currently in an elected public office at a national or regional level or who hold a senior position within their political party’s decision-making structure.
- Member of a political party within the ALN. Letter of endorsement from the Party Chairperson, Leader, Secretary General is required.
- Ability to commit to all three in-person retreats between July and December 2023.
- Women leaders that have not previously taken part in the ALN’s Women Empowerment Programme.
- All applicants must have a valid passport.
Successful applicants will have the cost of their transportation, accommodation, and meals covered during the programme. All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
Applications are open now until the 20th of April 2023 (00:00, South Africa Time Zone / GMT+2)
If you have any questions, please contact Sola Folayan at firstname.lastname@example.org or ALN Secretary General, Wendy Alexander at email@example.com.