In partnership with the Westminster Foundation for Democracy and D66, we are excited to open applications for the 2022 Women’s Leadership Programme. The programme which runs between September 2022 and March 2023, is an excellent opportunity for women leaders to build upon their leadership skills and learn way to become effective agents for change. Participants will deepen their understanding of the essential aspects of leadership by exploring them with peers and experts.
The Programme will including political and personal training session, such as:
- Identifying issues and bringing about change
- Using the media for your advantage (and coping with it when at difficult time)
- Conduct effective oversight in parliament and using the tools available to you
- Public speaking and how to handle difficult questions
- Building your visibility and branding to prepare for re-election
- Managing internal party structures and negotiations
- Women leaders currently in an elected public office or hold a senior position within their political party’s decision-making structure.
- Member of a political party within the ALN. Letter of endorsement from the Party Chairperson, Leader, Secretary General is required.
- Ability to commit to all three in-person retreats between October 2022 and March 2023.
- Women leaders that have not previously taken part in the ALN’s Women Empowerment Programme.
- All applicants must have a valid passport.
Successful applicants will have the cost of their transportation, accommodation, and meals covered during the programme. All other costs will be at the participant’s expense.
Applications are open now until the 25th of August 2022 (00:00, South Africa Time Zone / GMT+2)
If you have any questions, please contact ALN Coordinator, Robyn Thomson: firstname.lastname@example.org